Mar 23, 2011

The Vintage Itch

That title sounds a little like an STD.

Anyway... I know that in my last post I went on and on about how my day-to-day wardrobe is not inspired by anything particularly "fashiony."  Not out of a dislike for fashion.  I love fashion.  But out of a sort of laziness and an overwhelming love of the V-neck.  But now, I realize that my last post is only mostly truth.  Yep, that's right.  Lately, I have the "vintage itch."  And what is more fashion-forward than vintage?

In the last few years, I haven't owned very many vintage pieces - but when I was little I was obsessed.  My mom used to buy me vintage box hats and silk gloves and I would wear them to church.  I was probably overdressed... edging towards flamboyant...  but a four year old doesn't know what that means (I wish I could still wear hats... but I can't find any that will fit my head.  Sad but True.)  Now, I only own 4 or 5 pieces, but whenever I wear them, I feel like a million dollars.

Well, the other day, I saw a link to this blog... and it stirred up my obsession.  It also solidified my desire to start an Etsy.  I have wanted to create an Etsy for about the last 6 months... but I was afraid.  Mostly of failing.  But I have talked to the huzbin, and it's official.  I will start collecting vintage items at the beginning of next month; and hopefully I will have a shop open within the next 60 days.

Wish me luck!

Here are some of the dresses that inspired me:







2 comments:

Bruklyn Belle said...

I love adore vintage :D She's super sweet too! Go girl!!

April said...

oooh, looking forward to browsing your shop! I hope it's "flamboyant" ; )

Post a Comment